Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thanks and Bday planning

Hello friends!  I promise I have a card to share BUT I need to share birthday party preps :) 

I've been crazy busy preparing for my boy's 4th birthday party!  We are having it tomorrow afternoon after church.  We were able to rent our church which will be nice because then the kiddos can run wild all they want! lol

I asked beau what kind of party he wanted and he asked for Wild Kratts.  Of course I told him yes- little did I know there is literally NOTHING out there for a kids party soooo....this crafty mama got her craft on!

Started with simple invites: my friend owns a print shop and was able to print the image for me for only $18!!  Huge savings for me!! 


Then I thought the kids should have something fun to do or wear- thanks to pinterest and blogland I came across these power pack shirts.  I'm sorry I don't remember where I found them!  I wish I could give credit!  Aren't they cute?  The kids will put a laminated power pack in the middle of the shirt just like Chris and Martin on Wild Kratts- there's velcro on the shirts.  If you've never seen the show they are explorers in the jungle, etc. and they use power packs. (oh and there are bright pink shirts for the 3 girls that are coming :))




I used felt and glue!  No sewing for this chick.  I hate it! lol  Turned out perfect for the kiddos and they'll have a blast!

Then I made these cute little things to put out on the food table- simple and cute:



The other ones say Safari Sandwiches, Jungle Jello, Jungle Juice, etc. 

And what's a birthday without a banner!?  This project made me fall in love with my circut all over again!!  lol  I had all the paper on hand.  Is it just me or do you have like a million 'zoo' papers?  Seems like I have a ton so that is what I used.  I was a little worried as I ran out of the striped ribbon but managed to make it work the way I wanted it:


And finally here is the cake and cupcakes- beau picked strawberry, which in my opinion is the best :)  He DOES have a little bit of his mama in him afterall lol.  Oh and beau placed all the pieces on his cake the way he wanted it.  Not too shabby huh!?!  Those orange and yellow circles are the power packs that will velcro to the shirts.  There are 5 different colors.




I think the only thing I didn't take a picture of was the party favors- they are zebra and tiger print bags filled with tons of little trinkets for the kids.  They are going to have so much fun.  I'll try to post party pictures.  I also have leopard print table clothes and zebra and tiger printed balloons.  We also bought a lion pinata for the kids.  I can't wait for this party!  AND this is the cheapest party we've ever had!  I think this whole party (food included) cost me less than $100 thanks to my circut, paper and stamps that I already had on hand!  The majority of it was the tshirts that I made and they were around $30.

OKAY I do have a card to post too :)  After all this party planning and prepping I needed to take a break tonight and make a quick card just to get it out of my system :)  I'm playing along with casology- Thanks- check it out here!

I cased Shana's Card- view it here!  I love Shana's work and I think you will too :)

Here is my card:




Thanks for checking out ALL of my creations!  I know this post was long but I hope it was worth it.  Have a great night!

~Kim


10 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous:) I also love all your party stuff - I bet you had so much fun making all those cool things! Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZERS! That's gonna be some party! You did an amazing job putting it all together. How is it that with 4 small grandsons, I've never heard of Wild Kratts? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...your card is WAY better than mine! I am embarrassed to look at my card after seeing yours! lol Thanks for the link to my blog and the nice comments. I love your work too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So not true lol i love the embossing and colors on yours!

      Delete
  4. what a fun thank you card! the patterned papers are so pretty... thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a super-cute thank you card - I love the dps. And wow, what a party you'll be hosting! Hope it all goes well and that the birthday boy has a ton of fun! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim your thank you card is lovely. Thank you for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a mom!!! Great ideas for a very memorable ("scrappable") party!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lucky little son. Sounds like that party will be a blast! I used to love doing theme parties, with all the details when my guys were small--no Cricut in those days... BTW--Kratts is filmed just west of here, in Stittsville, ONtario! True!

    ReplyDelete